7 Benefits That ‘Employee Recognition Programs’ Do
Why do employees of multinational companies work day and night? Does only salary matter for them? If so is true, then why do senior managers work so hard, whose salary package touches the figure of millions? Salary is not at all the issue, I think.
Why do employees of multinational companies work day and night? Does only salary matter for them? If so is true, then why do senior managers work so hard, whose salary package touches the figure of millions? Salary is not at all the issue, I think. Intense thinking points towards appreciation for which the employees have unending appetite. And as far as company’s point of view, it’s expectation from the employees that tends to grow on and on. So, the reputed companies have found an interesting way of rewarding their most precious assets ‘Employees’ with recognition.
Let’s check out why companies favour ‘Employee Recognition Programs’.
Benefits of Employee Recognition Programs:
- Recognition boosts engagement: Little bit of boosting motivates employees a lot. A certificate of excellent performance charges them up. The idea to showcase more out of them ignite spark in them to stay involved intensely in the work.
- Enhances retention: Finding a professional takes months but within few seconds, he/ she can resign. But recognition puts off this possibility. It penetrates satisfaction in their deep heart and grows the desire to play steady innings.
- It can be the prominent reason of great work: Recognition is an outcome of outstanding reviews of the performance during tenure. It pats the employees to put their best efforts. Eventually, the company marks feet in terms of profit and productivity. Its credit goes to recognition only.
- Delivers performance metrics: Recognition spotlights the employee. This, in turn, comes out as an effective metric that can deliver the work exceeding expectations.
- Operates as feedback tool: A short note of praise and thank giving note to employees become symbolic. These programs make it easier to bank on positive feedback/
- Bonds the manager with employees: Timely recognition marks an impression of manager’s pivotal role. It strengthens their bond with the manager who appreciates their marvelous contributions.
- Gives rise to a strong team: If a team receives appreciation, it’s the leader whose career leapfrogs to the higher position. So, recognition is a celebration itself that cheers the team as well as the leaders.
‘Employee Recognition Programs’ are the reward against employees’ best efforts. These mark meeting expectation and sometime exceeding them. These are the vital tools which can align the company’s purpose with the employees and bring their work in the light of all through recognition programs.